EFFACLAR, WORTH THE HYPE?

5/09/2015


Hello,
So I was really suffering with acne (as you will know, if you have seen this video, I am prone to acne on my forehead mainly) and I had just finished my current BB Cream, and needed new moisturiser so I headed over to boots, and by some sort of miracle there were specially hired consultants milling around. They worked for Vichy and La Roche Posay (they are sister brands) and I got chatting and the lovely consultant who was giving me some big claims about the effectiveness of the Effaclar from La Roche Posay. 
She told me it was sure to clear my skin in 4 weeks, (there is a 30 day money back guarantee if it didn't, they were so sure it would work!) she told me the BB Cream was clearing too and that it had a full coverage whilst being dewy and non-cakey. Plus, she said it would look like I'm not wearing any makeup..that was the biggest claim of all.
I was told it was a good dermatological range, rather than a generic makeup range so I thought I would go for it and buy the Effaclar Hydreane BB Creme (£15 in Boots) and the Effaclar-H Multi-Compensating Soothing moisturiser (£8 at the moment in Boots). I was kindly given some samples of the Duo Anti-Imperfection Corrector creme by the consultant to try. 
I have been using it for about 2 weeks now...this is how I got on with it...
I have to say, its amazing. The BB Creme is my favourite because the coverage is great, and matches perfectly to my skin whilst being glowing and dewy (no glitter in the product, thankfully!) Usually BB Creme's are slightly too pink for my skin but the light shade in this one is a perfect match. It really does look like I'm not wearing makeup despite covering my red patches (for the most part, a smaller amount of concealer is needed than usual on my red blemishes). It is such a moisturising formula too so it is comfortable to wear. It lasts fairly long for a BB Creme, but foundation would probably last longer. Although, dewy BB Creme looks healthier on my skin.  I feel I have used so much of the BB Creme already because I wear it everyday,  but if it lasts longer than two months then I'm happy, because thats how long base products usually last for me. Before I apply the BB Creme I use the Duo Anti-Imperfection Corrector which works really well and is moisturising whilst being priming too! 



Then at night, and sometimes in the morning, I use the moisturiser because despite having oily skin, its also dry (the joys of combinations skin...)  This moisturiser is a dream, it doesn't feel oily but it is really light and easy to spread, so a little goes a long way. I really do feel my skin has improved in 2 weeks. Despite still having acne, it has really reduced in these last few weeks and I can't wait to see what happens in the coming weeks.

So, overall this product is well worth the hype..I will let you know what happens in the next few weeks. 

I also reviewed this product in my latest video, if you're bored watch my haul here

So, have you ever tried anything by La Roche-Posay? Are there any products you'd recommend I try? I liked the look of the cleanser. Comment below! 

Emma x



You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. I hope it works for you. I'm struggling with blemishes too and I wasn't sure if it was all hype around these products. Does the BB cream cover blemishes well?

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has worked so well so far!! Yes it offers a coverage uncharacteristic of a BB Creme, but with a natural no-makeup look which was promised to me by the consultant and has been delivered. Its definitely worth it :)

      Em x

      Em x

      Delete
  2. This sounds great - a little review when you've used it a bit more would be nice.

    Lizzie Dripping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I will definitely be reporting on it, but check out the video linked above if you want to see the improvement to the quality of my skin for now!

      Em x

      Delete
    2. Gotta check it out since the result sounds really promising! I'm using Vichy sometimes but didn't try La Roche-Posay yet! Great post! Thanks a lot for your comment on my blog, Emma! Appreciate it! <3

      xxx
      JOURNAL OF STYLE / BLOGLOVIN

      Delete
  3. I've never tried this out but it sounds like an amazing product!

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you give it a go x

      Delete
  4. Effaclar looks so cool! I love BB Creams, and it looks pretty freaking fantastic! <3

    xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is great, and my skin is getting clearer and clearer! So happy to have finally found something that works. xx

      Delete

All written and photographic content property of The Emma Louise. Powered by Blogger.