WANT A MIRACLE PRIMER? TRY INSTABLUR

1/02/2015

New year, new primer!


I have been impressed beyond all measures by the Body Shop's All In One BB Cream, and now I have reached a whole new level of impressed by the All In One InstaBlur primer. I wouldn't use the word "miracle" lightly.
Right, so first things first, the confession. Before this, I had only used a primer once. I know, its so bad and loads of bloggers will be gasping whilst reading this because for anyone in the beauty world primers are a must. I just didn't get what this jelly, powdery thing was going to do for my skin. Turns out, ALOT! A false belief I held was "its going to block my pores". I had never read that anywhere, I just assumed it. I couldn't have been more wrong! I got it in a set of with the BB Cream because I can't bear to run out, it has become a staple product for me. You can buy them separately.





Never has my foundation lasted all day long.  But with a really thin layer of primer (I would say about a pea sized blob) makeup staying power on my greasy skin has gone from 4 hours to about 8-9 hours. On the first day I used InstaBlur I arrived home from work and was blown away by how covered my blemishes looked, even after a full day with no re-applications. This had never happened before, but I liked it. The consistency is really smooth and doesn't affect the dewiness of my BB Cream, it just blends with the skin and slightly blurs the redness. I squeezed a bit out so you can see.



Another surprise. I only needed a small amount of the All In One BB Cream for my base, and some concealer to cover my spots (which were worse because I had consumed so much chocolate over Christmas). So, the fact it lasted all day was a lovely surprised because BB Creams shouldn't last too long. Anyway the picture below was taken at about 9pm to show that it really lasted all day! (Excuse the tired eyes!) Not completely flawless but good enough for me and better than I have ever had!

So, who has tried this, and who would like to try this? Any other primers you love that I need to try? I think I am now addicted, so please help a girl out!
Keep up to date with my obsessions and say hi on the links below!! Especially Instagram because I'm fairly new to it and would love your advice and feedback.

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. I've heard a lot about this recently! I currently love the Pixi Primer and L'Oreal's lumi magique is good a giving skin a glow :)

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I will have to try them out, I really like products which glow! x

      Delete
  2. This sounds great and looks it too, I've never used a BB cream or primer eek! Abi :)
    MyW0rldMyView

    ReplyDelete
  3. That primer looks great - you're glowing.

    Lizzie Dripping

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to get a new primer, this one sounds perfect.
    Zeynab x
    the Beautifully Disastrous

    ReplyDelete

All written and photographic content property of The Emma Louise. Powered by Blogger.